An administrator or organizer may manually invite contacts to review an existing project from the project catalog and encourage them to signup for the available needs. They can invite both registered contacts as well as add a comma-separated list of outside email addresses back to view the project.
Create Project Invitation
To manually create a project invitation:
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- On the Project you wish to copy, click the "Manage" button ().
- This will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. On the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button and select "Invite".
- This will open the "Invite Volunteers" page, which includes the following elements:
- Volunteer Contacts
- Additional Invitees Email Addresses
- Special Invitation Message / Project Invitation Email Preview
- Send Me Email Result
Then click the "Choose" button to return to the Project Invitation page where they will be added to the "Volunteer Contacts" list.
The email results will include those emails that were queued for delivery along with those who we were unable to send the invitation to.
** It’s important to note that if you "check all" or "clear all" while in the chooser, it will only act on the records view-able in the list, not on all of the records that may have resulted from a search. For example, if your "Items" were set to 25, it would act on the 25 records displayed. If "Items" were set to 500, it would act on the 500 records displayed. The "Items" setting is at the top-middle of the chooser.