Depending on your attendance settings for the project, a volunteer may be marked present by default or marked as absent until they either self-check-in or an administrator marks them as present.
On the administrative screen, a user with a "dash" is set as absent (or not yet present) while those with a check mark are designated as being or having been present. Clicking the icon toggles the state between absent and present.
- Log into your VolunteerMatters system with the proper security access roles and then click on Projects.
- For the Project you wish to change the "Attendance" toggle for, click the "Manage" button ().
- This will open the "Project Dashboard" page. The Project Dashboard provides a high level view of project analytics and data for administrators and organizers. An organizer must be assigned to a project to be able to manage it. On the "Project Dashboard" click the "Manage" drop-down button and select "Assign".
- This will open up the "Manage Assignments" page. From there locate the shift you wish to edit and click on the "Manage" button ().
- This will open the assignment detail for the shift in question. For the volunteer you wish to mark either as attended or not attended you will toggle the attendance button as needed.
- Once you click the button the change will be automatically saved.
Note: If you are marking someone as absent, it will automatically remove any assigned credited hours.