VMS Pilot Team Members,
Thank you to those who participated in Thursday’s call. We sincerely appreciate your dedication to this effort. I have highlighted several areas of focus for the call below.
Each Pilot Y was issued a customer code for their deployment. If you are unsure of your access code, please visit here: http://ymcasupport.
The main URL to access the system please use the following convention:
Other direct links include direct access to the volunteer registrations form and the volunteer project catalog. To directly access either of these, simply add /register or /project-catalog to the end of the above URL.
Overview of New Features
There have been many updates to the system since our original setup, many of which were based on your direct feedback. I have summarized just a few of these below:
- Improved User Management - We reviewed the ability to assignment administrative and organizer roles to users and on projects.
- Centralized Credential Management - Credentials can be centrally managed, allowing administrators to quickly retrieve credentials that need to be reviewed by status or type.
- Assignment Reports - It is now even easier to retrieve reports on project assignments. Additionally, quick on-screen and printable reports are available to quickly ascertain where volunteers have not met the required the required credentials for their assignment.
- Automated Emails - Adaptive, Y-branded email templates have been configured to provide personalized emails for registration and assignment confirmations.
- Contact Export - Easily export contact record data to spreadsheet format by simply loading a list of contacts and clicking the export icon.
- Volunteer Project Invitations - Easily send customizable email invitations to existing volunteer contacts and/or email lists. Attractive, Y-Branded emails merge in personal and project invitations with direct links to the ‘Project Page” where volunteers may sign up for needs.
Coming Soon Highlights
- Background Check Integration
Our development team is in the final days of testing integration with Verified Volunteers for automated background checks. Volunteers may initiate a background check from a general application, when signing up for a need that requires a background check, or after their background check expires. The system automatically communicates with Verified Volunteers to update the status of the credential in VolunteerMatters. VolunteerMatters then enforces rules for when that background check must be re-run based on your Y’s policies.
- Social Media Integration
We will be updating email templates and volunteer project pages to encourage volunteers to share with their social networks. This will include prompts to “Share This” from assignment confirmation emails which will help the volunteer to make a post about their new assignment with your Y. (e.g., “I just volunteer for the YMCA’s ABC Project” with a link to that project’s page). Anyone may be able to “Share This” directly from the project page as well - proving a post about the project in general.
Items We Promised the Team
- Email Samples
Members of the call requested samples of the emails that may be generated out of the system. I have updated the support portal with three examples: http://ymcasupport.
- Data Import Template
While we will be adding the ability to self-import volunteer records, for now we can import this data on your behalf. I uploaded a sample spreadsheet to illustrate the data formatting requirements. Please see: http://ymcasupport.
Those Ys that would like us to import data on their behalf can submit their data in this format and we will seed the data at no cost. If services are require to either extract data from 3rd party systems or manipulate/transform the data to comply with the import formatting requirements may require an additional fee.
- Session Recording
We recorded our session so that those who missed the call can get up to speed at their convenience. You may access the recording from the following link: https://vimeo.com/volunteermatters/review/151952137/5d28341f5e
Support Resources/Services Available to You
- Forums for Live Training/Support
Office Hours (ongoing)
Tuesdays @ Noon EST
Thursdays @ 4pm EST
Live Training (ongoing)
Tuesdays 1pm – 3pm EST
- Weekly Emails
We will be sending weekly update emails similar to this one to keep all pilot team members apprised of our progress and developments as well as to communicate the successes of pilot Ys in using VolunteerMatters. It will include product updates, open feature requests, and pilot usages metrics per YMCA.
- YMCA VMS Support Portal
Recordings - We will be recording and posting all office hours sessions and training sessions.
Weekly Updates - Along with the recordings, we will post the written summaries delivered weekly so that all information is centrally accessible and we do not need to search through old emails.
- Individualized Setup Calls
In addition to the twice-weekly office hours and live training opportunities, we offered to schedule one-on-one calls with any Pilot Y that felt it would be of value. Peninsula and Wichita have already requested personalized meetings. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if your Y would like to do the same.
As always, thank you for your valuable input. We look forward to provide continuous improvement throughout the entire pilot program and beyond.
Mark, Michael, and Tom
VP National Accounts
YMCA Dedicated Support Representative